At Shonamac, we’re all about checking out the most recent and mega-popular trends that change and shape the fashion industry. However, we’re also about choosing trends wisely to ensure that pieces aren’t bought without thought and easily cast aside unworn. One trend that has caught our eye this summer that feels like a particularly great investment is the tee, long skirt and trainers look.
Photo by Kinga Cichewicz
Why are we loving this so much? Not only is it chic, effortless and super easy to style, but each piece from this look is also incredibly versatile making it a sustainable investment into a trend. From a classic tee to a floral maxi skirt and a retro trainer, each item can be styled and worn in so many different ways that even if you buy it as a head to toe look, you’re creating so much more than that in your wardrobe.
Let’s take a look at each piece from this trend with luxury items that are in store at Shonamac, right now.
Always a classic, whether you like fitted or oversized and boyfriend, having a few key t-shirts in your rotation sets you up for a plethora of different outfits.
5 Other Ways to Style a Tee
- Jeans, shorts, skirts – basically all denim, all ways
- Pair with a bright-coloured trouser suit
- Dress down a blazer, coated jeans and heels
- Style with statement wide-leg trousers and high heels
- Layer under any slip dress
The Midi & Maxi Skirt
From ankle grazing maxis to just below the knee midis, this season skirts are floaty, silky and printed and you can style them with so much more than a trainer.
5 Other Ways to Style a Midi or Maxi Skirt
- Style with dainty heels and an embellished top for date night
- Layer over swimwear with chunky sandals
- Make it office-ready with a white shirt and mules
- Add combat ankle boots & a leather jacket for autumn
- Add a blazer and tote for work
Trainers have taken over all footwear for women for the last couple of seasons and now that we’ve all benefited from the all-day comfort of a supple sneaker, we can’t imagine the tables turning back.
Whether you’re into the super chunky dad sneaker trend or the classic or even retro styles that we’re seeing all over street style, trainers are seemingly one of the best shoe investments you can make right now. And at Shonamac, we’ve got a wide selection of luxury trainers that promise to do the trick.
5 Other Ways to Style Trainers
- Dress down a tailored trouser suit
- Add to a silky slip dress for ‘90s vibes
- All denim, every day
- Mix it Up with leather-look pants & a blazer
- Wear with your floatiest maxi dress
Although a notable trend, the t-shirt and skirt look is also the perfect sustainable purchase for this summer. Style it up or dress it down to suit your occasion and take it from work to date night to Sunday brunch with just the switch up of a few key basics and accessories. Now, that’s the way we like to do sustainable fashion at Shonamac.